Tuesday, November 23, 2004

One More Time

The title has absolutely nothing to do with anything apart from the song I'm listening to: One More Time by French Kicks. Trying to pick apart dissatisfaction in the world of plenty. Should you feel shame for feeling dissatisfied when you have so much? Why can't we all just relax? Human nature may have something to with it, or more specifically, my human nature.

I recently bought a house. I'm 32 and it's a very expensive house, not really for where I live (the Bay Area) but anywhere else in the world. I'm over paid, over fed, over counseled, over informed, over entertained. It's Thanksgiving, I think I should think about these things.

My cubicle is spacious. I have a white board and phone. Most importantly I only have to be in it 20 hours or so a week.

In our part of the workd, there is little cold rain, no snow, no mud slides, no excessive heat, the sun shines most days of the year. The farmer's market overflow with local produce of all kinds. Our freeways are crowded but there are beautiful places to find once you get past the traffic. This is California.

No comments: