Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Luna on the Radio

I don't know the name of the song, so this is the best I could do. I love the part where he sings Cha Cha 2000.

Today I ventured over the bridge and back to the city. I thought about the bridge and the retrofitting and the earthquakes while I was swinging over the bay. Mostly I thought how much I don't think about it, how it doesn't feel scary, or perilous, or any of those things. It doesn't feel like much. I remember driving over the bridge when I was a kid headed to Giants games at Candlestick. I have pictures taken from the window of my dad's van of the skyline of San Francisco. It's changed somewhat. The building I would one day work in, fresh out of college, wasn't built yet. Who knew I'd one day stomp around on the 20th floor, editing pen in hand? I guess the point is I felt something then and I don't know. Not usually.

I'm a little obsessed with getting older and feeling less. I'm not sure if it's inevitable. I think your pathways get opened up and re-trod upon and it takes new pathways to make you feel alive again. That's why it's good that I moved, I suppose, even though now I can't imagine moving ever again.

I just read a review of Closer that makes me interested to see it. Also, Meet the Fockers sounds great to me. The sunsets in our house are amazing. I watched a bird hop around outside my dining room a minute ago. I can get used to this quiet.

No comments: